The Macs

Monday, October 25, 2010

live

Live each day knowing all of the Gospel is true.
Live each day determined to be 
useful and joyful in Jesus.
Live this day in a way that, 
should all things change tomorrow,
you will know that the Lord is your God
and this is the day to be satisfied in Him.

I listened to this quote over and over this weekend as my church presented the story of Hannah's Hope. Over and over I was reminded of how life changing Jesus is. Over and over I was reminded of the incredible HOPE that can only be found in Him. And over and over I was burdened for those who don't know true HOPE.

I am praying that these words would be true in my own life. I am praying that today I would be determined to be useful and joyful in Jesus. That today I would be completely satisfied in Him.

What is your prayer for today?

(I would give credit to the writer, but I'm not sure where this quote came from...sorry.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael Spencer

http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/theres-always-a-day-before

CLS

October 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger A said...

My prayer is that I can trust in Jesus to stay close in the depths of the valley of infertility, and trust that God really does have a happy plan for our family....someday...

October 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Rob and Corrie said...

My prayer:
"That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." (Phil.3:10-11)

I have been praying this since I was a teen, and He answers! I suppose that's why some of the hardest things I've been thro' have been the most precious, realizing that there is no "resurrection" w/o "death" first!

October 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Allen and Debby Graber said...

Jess, I hadn't seen that quote before. Is it something Steve gave all of you? I would love to hear some of the stories. Al has shared some he hears. We need to pass those on to encourage one another. I know especially the registration people don't hear what is happening - the "end of the story" so to speak for so many going through JH. I copied the quote down. Wonderful!

October 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Shew, I can't believe you had so few comments to this post! I found it so motivating. Today, I'm going to pray for all parents who have loved and lost children, especially the little ones who were taken from their families far too early.

Personally, I pray each day for another day to enjoy my own son. Time is precious and stories like yours are a harsh reminder that time is fleeting.

Sending lots of wishes to you for happiness.

Sue X

October 29, 2010 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger Hanni said...

I am a friend of Amy's and I followed and prayed for all of you and Cora through Amy's updates. We just lost our little Hadley just over 3 weeks ago due to a complication after open heart surgery. I love your quote. Thank you for sharing.

October 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Robert J. Nash said...

We are leaving tomorrow for a 3 day trip without our 4 small children. I am nervous to leave them though they will be well cared for. I pray that we have a safe and fun trip as husband and wife and that we return home safely and rejuvenated to our precious family.

Love, Katie

November 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home